Research Assistant Position
The Stress, Interpersonal Relationships, & Health Laboratory in the Department of Psychology at Concordia University is recruiting a research assistant.
The research assistant will work directly under the principal investigator to oversee the general operations and administration of the lab. The candidate will work on a set of studies examining spousal influences on diet and physical activity. Given the COVID-19 pandemic, the research assistant will be working remotely from home for the foreseeable future.
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Schedule & conduct study sessions with participants, including semi-structured marital interaction tasks.
- Assist with the creation and submission of study documentation (ethics requests/renewals, protocols, etc.)
- Supervise a team of undergraduate student research assistants, delegate their responsibilities and oversee their progress
- Manage laboratory accounts and grants, including employee contracts/salaries, equipment and supply purchases, service provider invoices
- Bilingualism: French and English, written and spoken required
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in conducting clinical interviews and data management are an asset
- Excellent organizational/time management skills and strong ability to multitask
- Autonomous and able to work under minimal supervision
- 15-20 hours/week, 12-month renewable contract
- Start date: January 2021
Salary according to Concordia University CARE collective agreement
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV to the PI (contact info below). Only those candidates selected to interview will be contacted.
Jean-Philippe Gouin, Ph.D,
Canada Research Chair in Chronic Stress and Health Department of Psychology, Concordia University Email: